The Old and New Castle Schleißheim and Lustheim form one of the most important baroque plants in Germany. New Castle Schleißheim
The New Castle was commissioned by Max Emanuel (elector of the "Blue elector") 1701-1704 designed by Enrico Zuccalli started and completed from 1719 under Joseph Effner.
A monumental four-winged building was originally planned but only the main wing has been realized. The lavish interiors was created by major artists such as Johann Baptist Zimmermann, Cosmas Damian Asam and Jacopo Amigoni.
Old Castle Schleißheim
Phone (089) 3 15 52 72
Fax (089) 31 59 74 03
New Castle Schleissheim and Lustheim
Phone (089) 31 58 72-0
Fax (089) 31 58 72-50
April-September: 9-18 Clock
October-March: 10-16 Clock